Photo courtesy of Walt Disney Studios
After 10 years of edge-of-your-seat films, the anticipation has built up to one final, three-hour movie, releasing April 26. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) produces films that require extreme preparation before watching. There is no way to just jump in—there are too many moving pieces, too many converging plotlines and too many men in spandex. That being said, here are a few ways to prepare for “Avengers: Endgame.”
1. Catch up on the past 10+ years of the MCU. Every movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, in one way or another, connected. This is what makes the MCU such an epic franchise. To fully understand everything that has happened up until this point (like why Tony Stark has a picture of Peter Parker in the trailer for “Avengers: Endgame”), it is necessary to see a few of the movies in the MCU.
However, if you are a dedicated fan who wants to be really prepared, it’s best to see the entire MCU from the start, “Iron Man,” to the most recent adventure, “Captain Marvel.”
Buckle up and prepare for an epic, two-day binge session.
2. Gather a squad to watch the finale. Get friends from all over campus to go watch the film with you. The more the merrier, and with more hours than usual for this flick, this is going to be a merry time.
3. Wear the merch and wear it proudly. Don’t be afraid to show off how much of an MCU fan you are. The best merch to get is T-shirts, and there are a ton of designs to choose from.
Websites like TeePublic have an awesome T-shirt collection.
4. Make sure you can handle three hours. While a three-hour film is nothing new, distractions can cause you to miss a few minutes of the movie.
Knowing this series, no moment of this movie will be worth missing, so it will be important to stay in that seat. First, maybe pass on a large soda or ICEE. Make sure that you are well rested before seeing the movie.
Finally, make sure you will be able to pay attention to the entire movie; it is promised to be worth it.
5. Be sure you are going to have fun. Whether you are a fan of the MCU or not, this movie is catching enough hype to ensure a good time. With your friends by your side, “Avengers: Endgame” is guaranteed to be an amazing movie. Remember, no spoilers. Thanos snaps for your silence.