It is no secret winter is the season for boot fever, and cold weather fashion trends have definitely caught the disease. Calf, ankle, suede, leather— the boot trend is ruling cold weather-wear, and its newest addition, the over the knee boot (otk boot, for short) is the chicest choice of the season.
Over the knee boots can be intimidating, no doubt, but here are a few tips to help con dently rock the trend:
1. Choose a neutral shade for your first pair, like tan, black or nude pink. These colors are easy to pair with an out t for any event.
2. Dress them up, and dress them down. Over- the-knee boots aren’t reserved for A-list parties. Dress them down for day-to-day life with a pair of ripped jeans and a sweater.
3. Watch the heel height. Be conscious of heel height when buying a pair of over-the-knee boots, especially if you aren’t used to wearing high heels. Opt for a block heel instead of a stiletto; they provide more balance and support than their skinny counterpart.
Guys, while over-the-knee boots are a girls-only trend, there are plenty of boot styles for you to try out this winter too. Chelsea boots are a timeless style, which blend perfectly with modern men’s fashion. Here are some tips for styling Chelsea boots.
Pair Chelsea boots with dress pants. is isn’t a new trend by any means—men have been wearing Chelsea boots since the Victorian-era—but the combination is still such a hit. Pair a neutral shade of boot like black, tan or gray with a slim t dress pant for a business casual outing.
1. Roll your jeans. While this does not work with every jean and boot combo, it’s still worth men- tioning. Sometimes the bottom of certain jeans just won’t work with a Chelsea-style boot; rolling them may be the answer.
2. Choose comfort over cheap. Spending an extra twenty dollars may make one’s wallet feel terrible, but it will definitely benefit the feet.
Remember, fashion is all about showing o your personal style. Whether that’s over-the-knee boots, Chelsea boots, calf or low-ankle, be true to yourself and the trends you love.