The time of year when students move back into their dorms has arrived. How students decorate their rooms says a lot about them. From picture frames to bedding, the goal is to be able to come back from class and relax in a welcoming environment. One of the best ways to add a personal touch to any dorm room, on any floor is to create a custom DIY door wreath.
Easily liven up the hallway and show some personality with a few supplies and a little time. Any of the chosen decorative items can be interchanged with other items. This is a simple and fun DIY to do with friends or wingmates.
- Take inventory of any available craft items. Helpful supplies include scissors, sewing pins and a hot glue gun.
- Head to a local craft store.
- Locate a 16 inch foam wreath.
- Pick out decorations: one yard of pink feather boa, assorted flowers, diamond studded branches, 1 yard of white yarn, pack of decorative butterflies.
- Pay and get ready to craft.
- Wrap pink boa around entire wreath. Cut off any extra boa. Secure with hot glue gun.
- Wrap white yarn around 3/4 of the wreath, secure with hot glue gun.
- Starting in the middle of the white yarn section, place 10-12 flowers by pushing the stem through the yarn and into the foam. Secure with sewing pins. Leave 1 inch of white yarn on both sides of the flowers.
- Push in diamond branches amidst the flowers, securing with sewing pins.
- Add decorative butterflies using sewing pins.
- Place on a wreath hanger and hang.