1) Black sun hat from Target
2) Purple romper with bow-tie back from Altar’d State
3) Black retro sunglasses from Francesca’s
4) Bronze flower necklace from Deb’s
5) Skinny belt in camel from Forever 21
6) Marc Jacobs “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang” lipstick
7) True Religion perfume
8) Express heels in nude
9) Sydney Leather tote from Fossil
1) Charcoal grey suit jacket from H&M
2) Black and white checkerd button-up from Calvin Klein 3) Essential Sport cologne by Lacoste
4) Wenger Swiss Military watch in gold and silver with leather band
5) Black bootcut jeans from H&M
6) Stacy Adams wing tip dress shoes in black
Ladies and gentleman, welcome back to ORU, the land of flannel wrap-arounds and man buns. Many things have changed since last semester, so get ready to learn how to dress for success this semester.
Those 7:50s can put a serious cramp in one’s style. It’s always a good idea to have a few outfits ready to throw on, and run out the door. To build these go-to outfits, start collecting staples. Staples are the building blocks to every closet, not the metal pieces keeping your papers together.
For the ladies out there, make sure you have a nice pair of pants. These can be either jeans or slacks. The darker the better for blending reasons. Stock up on basic shirt styles. Every woman should have at least one v-neck in neutral colors like black, white and grey as well as a cuffed button-up and a thick, strapped tank top. Leave room for a day dress, and keep your eye out for a dressy jacket and neutral-colored pumps. From there, shop for unique pieces like the purple romper pictured above, and you’ll be set.
Gentlemen, your closet staples are a little less extensive. For starters, you need a pair of black dress pants and khakis. You can build numerous outfit combinations with these two basics. Look for button ups and v-necks in neutral colors and jackets like the one pictured above. Shop for a basic pair of dress shoes and a tie in either black, grey or a simple pattern. When it comes to accessories, a nice watch is always a good idea.
There’s a wide range of styles here on campus, so in the next issue the Oracle will begin its very first “Sidewalk Style” beat featuring all the head-turning campus looks. Make sure you’re photo ready next time you head to class, because the cameras will be flashing.