The Oracle

Oral Roberts University News by the Students for the Students

The Oracle

The Oracle

ORU grad reveals ‘What God Taught Me’ in recently published book

‘Some days I’ll find myself crying on my bed,” says ORU graduate Gabriel Jaggernauth, explaining the inspiration for his book, ‘What God Taught Me.’ ‘That was junior year, asking myself what’s going on, but God saw me through all of that.’

When Gabriel Jaggernauth was 15 years old, he would stay up at night and write short stories. And later in life, as Cinema, Television and Digital Media major at Oral Roberts University, he worked for the Oracle while it was still a printed newspaper and just beginning to transition to a digital format.

“I joined the Oracle in 2018 if I’m not wrong,” said Jaggernauth. “I was originally a writer and a staff photographer. And then the next year I was promoted to photography editor, but I was writing articles, and in fact, during that time, they were also starting videos.”

He never imagined, however, that he would one day write a book. Now an ORU graduate, Jaggernauth finished “What God Taught Me” at the end of 2023 and it is now available on several mainstream platforms. 

His book is based on what God taught him about hearing His voice while embarking on strategies to counter negative situations. Jaggernauth grew up with anxiety and mental health problems, but as he explains, “The Holy Spirit has always seen me through, and a lot of what I have learned is embodied in that book.”

In his own words, Jaggernauth’s biggest takeaway from the book is “showing how Jesus is the ultimate example of what we go through in our lives, the struggles we have and what God tells us on how to fight them.”

Zoe Savala, one of his peers at the Oracle in 2018, did not expect the publication of his book.

“At first I was shocked about it,” said Savala, “I didn’t really believe him and he calls me, he’s like, ‘I got a book deal.’ Then I said, ‘What are you talking about?’”

Savala and Jaggernauth entered the Oracle’s team during their freshman year and developed a great friendship. She remembers him with great bliss, mentioning he had an ambitious personality and passion for what he did.

“He would write things without even pitching any idea to us,” said Savala. “He would later say ‘here’s an article.’”

“Now it totally makes sense,” mentioned Savala expressing her shock at his publication. “If he has an idea for something, he will do it. So, I’m absolutely proud that he has blossomed in this way as a writer!”

“What God Taught Me” highlights Gabriel’s experiences, raising issues such as how God speaks to us or ways to counter the enemy’s attacks. 

“What God Taught Me” can be found in printed and eBook formats at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart and other retail stores.

View Comments (1)